Celebration: Meeting a Musher

We got to meet a real musher!  Thank you for coming, Ms. Richardson!

You are really nice.  I liked your dogs.  I liked pulling you on the dogsled like I was a husky.  I liked seeing your equipment.  Thank you for getting us the booties.  I like Dory and Fiona.  I liked taking a picture.  When you said, “Haw!” we went left.  When you said, “Gee!” we went right.

2 Comments

1. Hello Annabella,

It seems your class had an awesome experience meeting a real musher and some real dogs from a team. Where does Ms. Richardson do her mushing? I had asked one of your classmates if she took part in the Iditarod this year, or maybe in past years. I think the Iditarod is such an exciting event. It is also really important that taking care of the dogs counts a lot and you can get disqualified if one of your dogs gets hurt or sick.

At my school there is a special field trip that 7th and 8th grade students can go on if they choose. They can go camping and dog sledding in Vermont, which is nowhere near Alaska, of course. They also get to spend a lot of time with the sled dogs. It looks like a great experience. Your artwork of the experience is very cool. Is it watercolor?

Thanks for sharing!
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Ruffing
    http://cougarcraft.edublogs.org/

2. Did you know when working Oxen farmers also use Gee and Haw to give directions.